In this article, we discuss a significant player in the Nigerian energy insurance sector. Here’s all you need to know about International Energy Insurance PLC.
About International Energy Insurance
International Energy Insurance began operations in Nigeria as the country’s first insurance company focused on energy. Firstly, IEI is a company with expertise in providing solutions in underwriting for onshore as well as offshore risks.
The company also operates in the general insurance sector.
International Energy Insurance was established as a business in 1969. At the time, it was known as Nigeria Exchange Insurance Company Limited. Time brings change, and over the years, IEI has overseen various transformations, all leading the company to where it is today; the top.
Furthermore, the most significant change came when the company’s dynamics were revised, and this led to the birth of International Energy Insurance in 2003, with a focus on energy insurance.
International Energy Insurance decided to go public in the year 2007, upon which it became International Energy Insurance PLC.
In conclusion, International Energy Insurance PLC has links not only in the country but also far and wide.
The company has backing from reinsurers both in Nigeria and outside of it, as well as a technical partnership with Marsh Limited and AON Corporation, London with the latter being the leading reinsurance broker globally.
International Energy Insurance Management and team structure
International Energy Insurance PLC has a workforce of dedicated individuals looking to provide the best of insurance services to those who need them.
IEI’s top-level management is made up of the following:
- Martins Wayer- Chief Operating Officer (B.Sc, M.Sc, MNIM, ACII)
- Jonathan Ifidon- Group Head, Technical (B.Sc BUSINESS ADMIN., MBA, ACIIN)
- Emmanuel Etim Bassey- Chief Finance Officer (HND ACCOUNTING, ACA, MBA FINANCIAL MGT, FCA)
- Olawale Adedokun – Head, Information Communication & Technology (Higher Diploma in Computer & Mgt, PGD Comp. Sc, MBA MGT, ANIM, ITIL)
- Solabomi Odubiyi – Head, Underwriting (B.Sc POLITICAL SCIENCE, M.Sc MARKETING, ACIIN)
What products does International Energy Insurance offer?
IEI’s products are categorized under three umbrella terms. They are
- Upstream Risks:
This includes insurance cover for items like FPSO’s, Platforms, Oil Rigs, Pipelines, Mobile Drilling Barges, Vessels/Craft, Control of Wells/ Redrilling, Equipment Downhole, Seepage and Pollution, Terrorist Attack, Abandonment/ Decommissioning.
- Downstream Risks:
This covers risks on items like Refineries, Petrochemical Plants, Pumping and Metering Stations, Gas Plants and Compressors, Gas Turbine, Storage Depots/Tank farms, Transportation/Pipelines
- General Insurance:
Provides cover on general items. For example, Engineering/CAR, Bond and Finance Guarantee, All Risks, Other Special Risks, Hull, Cargo, Protection and Indemnity, Freight, Money Insurance.
Others include, Fire and Allied Perils, Group Personal Accident, Goods-in-Transit, Motor Vehicle, Comprehensive and Third Party Insurance, Professional Indemnity, Workmen’s Compensation, Personal Accident, as well as Burglary and House Breaking.
How to process claims at International Energy Insurance?
To process a claim at International Energy Insurance, you need to send in your claim details on the company website.
In addition, you can also send in an email, or visit the nearest office.
How can you reach International Energy Insurance?
International Energy Insurance can be reached through a variety of channels.
- Official email channel – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Through their customer care call centre – +234-01-4616972-4 (which is available from 8am – 5pm)
- Via their website – https://www.ieiplcng.com/
- Visit any of their offices. The company operates through 13 offices across the nation, with its headquarters in Lagos at Plot 294, Jide Oki Street, Off Ligali Ayorinde, Victoria Island. It has branch offices in Yenogoa, Ilorin, Akure, Ibadan, Kano, Kaduna, the FCT, Makurdi, Port Harcourt, Calabar, Warri and Lagos
IEI is a major Insurance company providing Insurance services for the energy sector. If you’re looking for energy sector-related services, IEI is the direction to follow.