Who are insurance brokers? Are they the same or different from Insurance companies?
Dive in for more. Who are the biggest insurance brokers in Lagos?
I wondered the same thing a while back until I finally understood the difference. Insurance brokers in Lagos are companies that sell, solicit, or negotiate insurance for in return for compensation.
According to Wikipedia, as of 2015, the largest insurance brokers in the world by revenue figures were Marsh & McLennan, Aon Corporation, Arthur J. Gallagher & Co, and the Willis Group. However, our focus for this post is Lagos, Nigeria.
Difference between an Insurance Agent and an Insurance Broker
Trust me when I say that a lot of Nigerians are guilty of using these two terms interchangeably, by no means do they mean the same thing.
In contrast, an insurance broker represents the insured (i.e. – You and I who buy one insurance plan or the other), They generally have no business with the Insurance companies. Now you get it. Now let’s help find a broker in Lagos.
List of Top Insurance Brokers in Lagos
FineLib, one of Nigeria’s most popular business listing directories encapsulates the list of top Insurance brokers in Lagos as follows:
- C & I Insurance Brokers Limited (Ikeja)
- Hilltop Insurance Brokers Limited (Ikeja)
- Mascot Insurance Brokers Limited (Onikan)
- Nasco Nigeria Insurance Brokers Ltd (Ikoyi)
- Carrier Insurance Broker Limited (VI)
- Dinta Risk and Insurance Brokers Limited (Ikeja)
- Emerald Insurance Brokers Limited (Ilupeju,)
- Leverage Insurance Brokers Limited (Ikeja,)
- Temple Insurance Brokers Limited (Surulere)
- Tidy Insurance Brokers Limited (VI)
These are the best brokers you’d find in the big city of Lagos. Just know you’re in great hands if you use any of these Lagos based Brokers. Good Luck!