Comprehensive Car Insurance is the most common type of car insurance there is. Auto insurance has so many types of policies and covers, but the most Paramount of them all is that of comprehensive Car insurance; it’s in the name. In this article, we shall discuss comprehensive Car insurance and ten things it covers you from.
What is Comprehensive Car insurance?
Comprehensive car insurance is a type of auto insurance that provides coverage and compensation if a car is damaged or lost in any event that is not a collision. This type of auto insurance pays for repairs or replaces the vehicle in the event of unfortunate events that do not involve a collision with another car. These events could be vandalism, a fire, a falling object like a tree and other adverse events. The term ‘other than collision’ is best used to describe comprehensive car insurance.
What does comprehensive car insurance cover?
There are a lot of things or events that this car insurance provides compensation for, and a lot of them are not even commonly known. Ten things comprehensive car insurance covers are:
- Riot: the possibility of a riot or civil unrest is very likely. Primarily if you reside in a location that could be termed as unsafe or unstable, riots could break out, and your car might be attacked. Having to pay for this stings, especially since it is usually very unexpected, but with this type of car insurance, you don’t have to worry about that happening.
- Fire: fires take place anywhere; even in the most unexpected of places. Your car is one of them. With comprehensive car insurance, you don’t have to fork over hard-earned cash to replace or repairs to damages caused by fire. It does not even matter if the fire started inside your car or outside it.
- Theft: the risk of your car getting stolen is another factor with owning a car. Even the vehicles with the best security and anti-theft protection could still get stolen, and that would be devastating. Comprehensive car insurance, however, will replace your car or its items in the events of a theft.
- Damage to windshield and glass: the windshield and the glass are perhaps some of the most delicate parts of the car. Anything could cause a crack or total breakage. No one likes driving around with a damaged windshield. Comprehensive car insurance pays for the repair of your windshield and glass.
- Falling objects: you can’t control where objects fall. A falling tree will crash where it wants to, and that might just be right on top of your car. Comprehensive insurance covers you in the event of this happening.
- Natural disasters: as with falling objects, natural disasters cannot be controlled; they just happen, and most times, there is nothing you can do to protect your car physically. With comprehensive car insurance, you’re covered from the damages or loss that natural disasters bring.
- Damage from animals: humans are not the only thing to fear when it comes to damages to your vehicle. Your car could get damaged by animals, and unfortunately, unlike humans, you cannot hold them accountable. That’s an unexpected annoying expense, to be honest. With comprehensive car insurance, however, damages caused by animals can be repaired as compensation.
- Vandalism: anyone’s property can get vandalised, and your car is no different. Whatever the case may be, destruction would cause damages to your vehicle, and a further dent on your wallet. Comprehensive insurance covers these damages and compensates you for them.
- Hail: hail can be harmful and destructive, and your car could be in the way of hail when it comes pouring. Comprehensive car insurance pays for repairs to your car’s bodywork for damages caused by hail.
- Damage to headlights, bumpers and body
This car insurance comes as an optional addition to your car insurance policy, providing cover for events that basic car insurance would not necessarily cover. If you’re looking for that “all-encompassing” feel, then comprehensive car insurance is what you should consider.