Phone insurance in Nigeria is a valuable financial safeguard for your mobile devices. It provides a safety way by rendering coverage for different risks associated with owning a smartphone.
Phone insurance is becoming increasingly popular in Nigeria as more and more people recognize the importance of protecting their valuable mobile phones. With the ever-rising cost of phones in the country, theft, damage and accident can lead to significant financial losses. Interesting right? Read along with me.
What Does Phone Insurance Cover?
Phone insurance in Nigeria basically covers these three items below:
- Accidental screen damage.
- Accidental fluid/water damage.
- Theft or loss of your device.
Moreso, depending on the policy, some insurance policies also include coverage for:
- Malfunctions and technical issues like hardware/software issues.
- Repairs or replacements
- Accessories and
- Extended warranties
How Do I Get Phone Insurance in Nigeria?
Getting phone insurance in Nigeria is straightforward and easy:
- First, research and go for a reputable insurance provider with good customer reviews.
- Consider your needs and preferences again. Note down the level of coverage, deductibles, fees and premiums that match your requirements and budget.
- Make sure to fully understand the pricing, payment terms and methods before choosing policy with the insurance company.
- Visit their website or contact the customer support to learn about the current available plans and pricing. Remember that some companies operate offline, consider this before paying any money.
- Purchase the phone and insure it. Most phone insurance companies in Nigeria would sell the phone to you directly with the insurance policy.
- For those who won’t sell the phone directly to you, just take your already purached phone and select a suitable plan with them based on your device and coverage needs.
- Complete the application process, by filling out the necessary forms and submitting the required documents. Also, provid your phone’s details and personal information.
- Pay the insurance premium to activate your policy, which is usually an annual or monthly fee.
Companies That Offer Phone Insurance in Nigeria
Companies that provide phone insurance in Nigeria include:
1. Prestige Assurance
Prestige Assurance provides device insurance to people in an affordable way. Their device protection plan is simple, convenient and is offered to all device owners.
It provides cover against theft, accidental damages and consequential loss.
2. Axa Mansard Jumia Protect – Device Insurance
This phone insurance is provided by Axa Mansard but on the Jumia platform. The phone insurance only covers mobile phones tablets and laptops ranging from 0 naira to 40,000 naira.
Moreover, you can’t buy this phone insurance alone on Jumia but alongside the recommended device. This is one of the rules to having this phone insurance and if you don’t follow this rule, your order will be cancelled.
3. Cornerstone Insurance
This phone insurance company provides GPP screen care which covers for only new & existing screen devices.
Most of their phone insurance is limited to screen crack and accidental damage to the screen.
Repair of damaged device can only happens once within the insurance period which is usually one year coverage.
You can get your phones, I-pads, and laptops insured with Pointek. They believe that by insuring your phones and other gadgets is the best way to sleep with your eyes closed.
Also, you prevent the risk of contingent loss or accidental screen damage or accidental fluid damage.
Ensure to find out more about Pointek before buying insurance here. Call their customer support before paying any money.
Visit this platform here to get your phone insurance. Your screen can break in the next 10 minutes, sometimes,not even a screen protector will save you if you ignore this limited opportunity to comes with buying Fixtel phone insurance.
Their insurance helps to avoid spending out of pocket on screen replacement, as you can get it free with phone insurance by Fixtel
However, it’s important to find out if they operate only online, compare their policies, coverage, and pricing by calling the customer service. Do not pay any money to anybody without carrying out proper research.
Phone insurance in Nigeria is an essential investment for people looking to purchase a new phone or for smartphone owners who want to protect their devices from potential risks. It provides coverage for theft, loss, accidental damage, and technical malfunctions.
By researching, understanding the coverage, choosing a plan that matches your requirement and selecting a reputable insurance company.
Also following the application process, and paying the premium fees, you can ensure your phone is secured, protected and received prompt assistance in case of any unexpected phone loss or damage. This also gives you peace of mind.